When you're in the midst of a tough situation, mustering up gratitude is one of the best ways to pull through. I've come to realize that no matter what the circumstance, you can always find reason to be grateful.
I've listed eight here:
1) Young girl in the gym below practicing her baton twirling didn't give up. At first, she more tosses than she caught. At the end of my half hour, she was catching more than she dropped. Perseverance.
2) Father on the other side of the gym teaching his young son to catch a football. He kept saying, "There you go!" and, "Nice one!" Encouragement.
3) My iPod didn't lose its juice. On the way to the rec center, I noticed it was low so I charged it during the ten minute drive. It lasted long enough to get me through my run. Providence.
4) Very little pain. Since I've been working with a chiropractor, it's diminished almost to nothing. Comfort.
5) Lady in the pink who smiled at me as she joined the circular motion on the track. I love pink, and smiles are bonus! Kindness.
6)Vitamin water zero—blood orange and mixed berry today. My favorite so far is acai-blueberry. Yummy-ness.
7) Tennis shoes—good ones!—some would consider a necessity, but I don't ever want to take them for granted now that I've found my faves. Fashion.
8) Twenty-eight and three quarters laps today! That's an improvement from Wednesday's 28 and a half, which is an improvement from Monday's 28. Three all-time personal bests in one week. Success!
Picture courtesy of Chaiwat at digitalphotos.net.